Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My cat was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago and has

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago and has been having loose, pudding consistency stools for the last few days.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Olson, about 10
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Olson?
Customer: We just moved five days ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry Olson is not feeling well.

Many cats that become diabetic due to a dry food diet can be turned around (unlike people) by switching to wet food.

Please read article written by a feline vet:

In the meantime to cure his diarrhea, go out and get a jar of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic. Add a tablespoon of boiled white rice. Feed only that till stools are normal for 48 hours.

He should also get a probiotic line culturelle or forti flora

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much. We've switched him to wet food & are administering insulin 2x daily.
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. It will not close our conversation.

I will still be here for you at no additional charge.

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?