Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He got into my husband's stool softeners how much is to

Customer Question

He got into my husband's stool softeners how much is to much? They're 100mg each. I don't believe he had more than a chew don't know if he swallowed it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your husband's cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Grey he's 2yrs old
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Grey
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gray?
Customer: Nothing he's always been healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that Grey got into something that he should not have, your husband's stool softeners.

I do have some questions for you.

1. I understand that these pills were 100mgs but what was the name of the drug/active ingredient?
  2. Were any pills missing or just chewed on?
  3. Were these tablets or liquid gel capsules?
  4. How much does Grey weigh?
  5. How long ago was this?
  6. How is he behaving now?
  7. Has he eaten or drank anything since?

Thanks for your patience with my questions, the answers will be very helpful in guiding you and telling me how worried you should be.