Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My cat was t by a car four weeks ago. When we brought her to

Customer Question

my cat was hit by a car four weeks ago. When we brought her to the vet he gave her a shot and sent us home. After four days the cat was clearly still in pain so we brought her back and then he decided to do an X-ray - he discovered she had a broken pelvis and kept her in the clinic for 7 days. I checked on her every day and it was clear she was unable to poo or wee so she would only come home when she could do this alone. when she was being discharged the vet said to keep her in a cage and and not let her out. The problem is she was getting very stressed in the cage and pooped everywhere so I let her sit out on a cushion. four weeks have passed and the poor cat has what looks like to me an anal prolapse. Her poops are runny and she does not seem to have any control over them and keeps licking her anus where its protruding. I called the but he seemed to think it would pass and rectify itself in time as her nerve endings are damaged. Any advice
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about The?
Customer: We are spraying metacam on her food every day. One or two days this week her bottom looked fine but the last few days has been awful.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Can you share a picture of the prolapsed tissue?

What food is she eating?

Any blood in the stool?