nekovet, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on any species.

Cat vomited alot and is panting and gums are dusty color, 't

Customer Question

Cat vomited alot and is panting and gums are dusty color
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Don't think so. My cat is very lethargic and seems very sick.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: We been giving him antibiotic amoxicillion.he seem fine for a while but now it's bad. Don't know what to do.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Skids and 1 1/2 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he has these signs?

Was that treatment from his vet? Did they give anything else or do any tests?

Is that gum color paler for him despite his panting? Are his gums sticky or moist?

Was the panting just after vomiting or has it been continuous?

Can he keep water down?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Any diarrhea?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Given a frontline treatment and reacted to it. Gums were blue trouble breathing and that he was foaming at the mouth.
Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

Oh dear,

If his gums are blue and he is struggling to breath, this is an emergency. He isn't getting enough oxygen and needs to be put onto oxygen as quickly as possible to help him breathe while his local vet determines if he has a throat blockage or issue with his heart and lungs. So, we need to act quick here if your poor lad is in this state.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ or via

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )

Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?