PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

She peed on the living room floor and there was some residue

Customer Question

she peed on the living room floor and there was some green residue in the urine that I noticed on the white paper towel I used to blot up the pee
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Guiness 15 years Siamese
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Guinness?
Customer: No...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

Her urinating outside of the litter box as well as the presence of green in her urine (which may be pus) indicate that she most likely has a urinary tract infection. I would get her in to see your vet to have a urinalysis performed and possibly some blood work, as well. Treatment for UTI's are usually simple and straight forward with antibiotics. Your vet may wind up recommending a change in diet if they find anything abnormal in the urine such as crystals, too.

We can help prevent UTI's by giving canned food to cats, so if she is not on a primary wet diet the increased fluid should help her greatly in the future.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy