Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He suddenly developed a breathing problem, s breathes sound

Customer Question

Hi there, he suddenly developed a breathing problem, his breathes sound very raspy, he can't meow properly and his neck is swollen. No access to vets here, so any help would be great
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He is approx 5 months old and his manis Tom
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sorry, Tom
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tom?
Customer: He's an indoor cat with no prior health issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Tom is unwell. I will do my best to help with your question.

​It sounds from your description that Tom may be having an allergic reaction. Of course, he should ideally be going to a vet for urgent care, but I understand that you don't have access to any vets there. Do you have access to any local pharmacies?