Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Mother cat, four kittens, goopy eyes, mother has lost her

Customer Question

Mother cat, four kittens, goopy eyes, mother has lost her appetite, has a purulent discharge coming from her urethra (small amount from time to time) and she too has a runny left one open here....
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: kittens are two weeks old, mama is named Miss Whiskers.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Miss?
Customer: She's a stray, no shots.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: up until this morning, she ate just fine.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If a pharmacy local to me could get us some Amoxicillin for cats that would be awesome. I have a number they can call it in to. (###) ###-#### Any antibiotic that could be compounded for her, and called in to them, I can pick it up for her. My vet is not available until Tuesday. In the interim, I WAS able to get Miss Whiskers to eat some cooked ground beef. That alone made me feel better about the situation.
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** and I will help you.

Veterinary practice laws prevent us from prescribing drugs without an actual patient/doctor relationship.

You cat does have a serious infection of the uterus and she needs to be seen by a vet.

If you can, start bottle feeding the kittens. Sometimes the infection goes into the breasts and her milk can cause an infection in the kittens. And when she gets on the antibiotics the kittens it gets into the milk and can make the kittens sick.

You can find kitten/puppy baby bottles and formula in some drugstores or pet supply shops.

If you have some human antibiotics let me know and we might be able to adjust a dosage for Miss Whiskers.

i hope that you have read these messages. Please let me know if you did. I want to help you.