Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat had 5 kittens 5 days ago. she went into labour while

Customer Question

Hi my cat had 5 kittens 5 days ago. she went into labour while everyone was asleep and when I woke she had dropped each kitty somewhere else in the house. 2 were dead, on with the placenta attached. The other three, 2 our of three had no placenta and the other I cut off. I am not sure if she ate the others or? But I just noticed she has a lump near her one upper left nipple. It is a ball shared about the size of a golf ball. It doesn't bother her if I press on it and she is acting very normal and being a good momma to the three remaining
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Digest what? What are you talking about
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten? What confuses you?
Customer: I just told her
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, JACustomer. Can you attach a photograph of the swollen area?