PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My cat has gone thro many changes this past week. She was

Customer Question

My cat has gone thro many changes this past week. She was picked up from one house to another then to an r.v to travel from Texas to tenn. Could this be a course for her not to go potty in three days?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kippy she is a siames 15 years old .she has come to join me in my new home
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kipp?
Customer: Not at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

It certainly could. Cats have an insane ability to hold the necessity to urinate and defecate and can wait days on end to go if stressed. If she's been in an area that is unfamiliar to her, she's unlikely to go. I would take the opportunity to place her into a calm area like a bedroom or bathroom and give her a few hours alone without any disturbances. The calmer she is the more likely she will be able to relax and use the bathroom. It's not safe for a cat of any age to wait that long to stool so she needs to go as soon as possible. If needed, add some canned pumpkin pureed (pure, not pie filler) to her food in the amount of 1 tsp per meal to help her go.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.