Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

We have two cats approximately 6 years old. About a month

Customer Question

We have two cats approximately 6 years old. About a month ago they both quit eating at the same time. After a change of food they began eating again. About a week ago they quit eating again and one of the cats is now just lying on the floor and does not even move. Both have lost a lot of weight. Both are very low on energy. I am afraid that they maybe dying. The local vet can not see them for at least a week.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Bill, I am so sorry to hear about your cats.

Can you tell me what you had been feeding them and what you switched to?

How long since they ate normally?

When you look at the inside of their eyes and inside their ears, does it appear yellow? How about the gums?

Is there another facility within your area where you can be seen? A pet ER? If you want to include your city, state and zip code, I'll look for you to see if anyone is nearby that can help.