Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

It is a feral cat with scrapes and injuries to back legs....

Customer Question

It is a feral cat with scrapes and injuries to back legs.... one is stiffy and he is crawling on just front two legs. He is panting heavily. He let's me hold him but keeps trying to crawl away.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: I don't know.... I found him laying funny in the middle of our yard (we live in the country and he is a barn cat so he comes and goes as he pleases). He does have scrapes to back legs.
JA: It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Nala and about 2.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Naal?
Customer: One of his legs is trembling. The two vets near us are closed for today. What should I do?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.

I am so sorry Nala is hurt. Could he have been hit by a car?

Is he able to use his back legs at all?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He is not able to use his back legs and that is possible... he was found in yard in front of our house which faces the road.