PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Can I give my cat AtivanFor to calm her down why she has her

Customer Question

Can I give my cat AtivanFor to calm her down why she has her period.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

Ativan is occasionally used in pets. The dosage is most often 0.25mg 1-2 times daily. However, you should be aware that this medication has the potential to make the behavior worse through aggression and excitability.

Instead of giving her medication to try to change her behavior, I would recommend going the route that will yield the most effect and have her spayed. If needed, this can be done while she's in heat.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Fatty doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Fatty. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy