Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Well my cat is making agrowling meow. And i am getting

Customer Question

Well my cat is making agrowling meow. And i am getting scared. because I never heard a cat meow like that. What should I do.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?
Customer: I don't know! She is making this scarey growling sound. And rolling on her back. And digging in my rag. Don't know what to do.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question. How old is your cat? Is she spayed?

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your girl doing today?

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and welcome!

From your description, it sounds like your cat is in heat, if she is not spayed. If this is the case, she is not in any pain, but is calling for a mate with that weird meow. The best thing for you to do is have her seen by her vet for some preliminary testing and set a date for her spay surgery. Being spayed is healthiest for her, because it will prevent the chance for a serious uterine infection called 'pyometra' and will also decrease her chances for developing mammary cancer.

If she has already been spayed, please let me know and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Just select 3-5 stars from the ratings box on your page. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you received my answer and how your kitty is coming along.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Warmest regards,

Cher