PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Nothing yet...but he bit off and swallowed the nipple tip of

Customer Question

Nothing yet...but he bit off and swallowed the nipple tip of a nursing bottle. He's about 6 weeks old. Perhaps the answer is here. I am the only one panicking, but I see how tiny he is and imagine the size of his intestines. Is there anything newer than 7 years ago for this? If not I will follow what is here.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: We just got him yesterday. Pound named him Newton.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pound?
Customer: He is eating wet food, Fancy Feast Kitten whitefish, so I hope it binds to the nipple part?? Hey, I like Pound better than Newton, since we did get him there :). So loving n don't want to lose him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer.

The nipple pieces are soft and often pliable enough to make it through the intestines unhindered. If he was nursing while this happened, it's time to wean him. If he found the nipple and swallowed it, we can follow this up with some pure canned pumpkin mixed in with the canned food to help bind it and push it on through.

If you see episodes of vomiting, diarrhea, straining to defecate, etc. he needs to see a vet. Keep an eye on his stool, he should pass this 24-48 hours after eating it.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.