Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Kitten got an extra dose of albon by mistake, Diarrhea on

Customer Question

Kitten got an extra dose of albon by mistake
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: Diarrhea on its second day. He is 6 weeks ago rescue and on his 3rd day of albon. We have been giving him a pedilyte type mix to help avoid dehydration
JA: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Itty, and we are in a rural area with no vet access until Monday. He is pretty strong and we foster a lot of kittens we were mostly worried about the extra dose of albon he got by accident. 3 of the kittens Look alike lol
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Monday?
Customer: No, other than the diarrhea he is fine, we are washing him off often and have a vet approved "button powder " we are using to ease chafing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Don't give it a second thought. I'll double the dose on the first day without harm and so doubling on the 3rd won't be a problem either. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

You're quite welcome. Thank you for rescuing this kitty.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?