Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

Lethargic tearing from the eyes, last urine sample was

Customer Question

lethargic tearing from the eyes , last urine sample was clean, he also had enema, urinating outside hid ltter all over the house decacating on the floor, moving slow and stiff, former blood analysis showe dearly sighns of kidney disease
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Dingo, about 15 to 20 years of age
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dingo?
Customer: I suspect plasmosis Gondi I have had Dingo, since he came to me as a stry kitten, wild
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Thank you so much for your patience; I'm sorry you did not receive an earlier answer. Various experts are online at different times and I recently logged in and read your question.

I'm so sorry to hear that Dingo is not feeling well and has all these symptoms. While toxoplasmosis gondii is a possibility, this must be tested for, by the vet, in order to be 100% sure.

If Dingo spends time outside, hunts/eats rodents and/or spends time with other, possibly infected cats, these are the main avenues through which he could contract toxoplasmosis gondii.

Here is more information about the disease:

Since he was diagnosed with early kidney disease, this is a progressive condition and especially in older cats, may move more swiftly if it is not treated properly with diet and sub-Q (under the skin) fluids on a steady basis. He may have an eye infection or a scratched cornea, causing the tearing from his eyes and this needs to be evaluated by his vet, asap. I don't know how long ago his last vet visit/lab work was done, but if he hasn't improved or these symptoms are more recent, I strongly suggest another vet visit and blood work at this time, to determine the causes of all his symptoms and then, the vet will treat each one, as needed.

I hope after he's seen and treated by the vet, Dingo will be feeling much better!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. It will also not incur any additional charge for you. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest wishes,

Expert:  Cher replied 3 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Cher replied 3 months ago.

Hello, again.

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going with Dingo and if you were able to have him seen and have some labwork done by the vet. Was he positive or negative for toxoplasmosis?

Please let me know, as I'm concerned for him and I hope he's doing better, if he's being treated, once he was diagnosed.

Also, please take a moment to select a positive rating from the ratings box on my answer, so I will receive credit from the site for my assistance; unless you do this, I am not compensated for my answer to you. Thank you very much!

Warmest regards,