Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He's been vomiting today and yesterday. He is eating and

Customer Question

he's been vomiting today and yesterday. He is eating and drinking water. The only thing i can think of is recently we put bleach tablets in toilet water and i caught him drinking it. I have been putting lid down but other household members not as well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that i know of but his appetite for the regular food seems good
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Peppy, 6 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peppy?
Customer: other than vomiting seems to be behaving normally. except day before yesterday poo'd on the floor outside the litter box...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry Peppy is not feeling well. I doubt if the bleach tablets are the culprit. If they were you would see burns or irritation in his mouth. Check roof and under tongue for sores, stuck item or any abnormalities

Give him one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

If he gets dehydrated give him tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri