Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

She has a milky looking discharge and seems to be having

Customer Question

She has a milky looking discharge and seems to be having contractions
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Suzy, 8 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Suzy?
Customer: No, she is healthy, don't know what is happening
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Diana and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you and Suzy.

If she is not spayed, the milky discharge can be due to a serious uterine infection called pyometra, which must be treated by a vet, right away.

Is there any possibility she's pregnant?

If she's spayed, the milky discharge and spasms that look like contractions are not normal and still need to be checked out by a vet, asap. If your vet doesn't have emergency hours, bring her to your nearest ER vet, now, to get a diagnosis and treatment. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do at home for these symptoms.

I hope all will be well with Suzy and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Warmest wishes,

Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.
Hi Diana Jones,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.

Hi again, Donna.

I'm just checking in with you to see how Suzy is doing and if you had a chance to bring her to the vet to be diagnosed and treated.

Please let me know what the vet told you.

I hope you found my answer helpful and if so, either let me know here, or select a positive rating from the ratings box on your page, so I receive credit for for my assistance. This will incur no additional cost to you. Thank you very much!

I'll always be here for you and Suzy, if you have any follow-up questions.

Warmest regards,