Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat threw up earlier and now she won't stay standing and

Customer Question

My cat threw up earlier and now she won't stay standing and their is saliva at her mouth she won't drink water or eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Lovina she's four months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lovina?
Customer: It looks like she's hyperventilating
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your kitten vomiting.
I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.
In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• Was she showing any signs of illness before today?
  • How likely is it she may have swallowed a bit of toy or a string?
  • How long have you had her?
  • Is she up to date on her vaccinations?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.