Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years in Companion Animal Practice and SPCA

It is not a cat. I have a dehydrated puppy 3 days old that I

Customer Question

It is not a cat. I have a dehydrated puppy 3 days old that I was wondering if there was a way to make sub Q Fluids?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: This is a 3 day old puppy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about This?
Customer: The mother rejected pups, and I have been bottle feeding. I do have kennel experience.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby.

No, you can not make subQ fluids.

If it were me I would give him Children's pedialyte drink with an eye dropper. Give just a few drops at a time so he has time to swallow. You can do that every hour until his gums are moist.

You can also add the pedialyte to the milk replacer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby