Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She has had term congestion and sneezing, with runny nose on

Customer Question

She has had long term congestion and sneezing, with runny nose on right side, some weeping from right eye. I've taken her to the vet 5 times for 3 antibiotic shots, prednisone by mouth. 4 bad teeth were removed and there was temporary relief. But now she's back to congestion and an occasional sneeze. She sounds very raspy off and on, but is generally quiet at night. I don't see how she can breathe. Help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Casper, around 6, I would guess, a rescue. Vet has done blood panel and a viral panel which shows nothing wrong.
JA: How old is Casper?
Customer: Don't know. Around 6 years old, never had a problem before
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Casper?
Customer: She's an inside cat for the last 2 years. She eats, uses the litter box, and grooms herself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has this been ongoing?

Have her signs always been on the right?

What color are the discharges?

Has her vet done any testing or xrays?

Are her gums pale/white or pink?

Does she breathe faster than 30 breaths per minute? Any open mouth breathing?