Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I have a 17 year old female and she recently seems to be

Customer Question

Hi I have a 17 year old female and she recently seems to be eating less and her head and feet are warm; she is drinking her water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Heather
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Heather?
Customer: that pretty much sums it up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry Heather seems to be eating less and feels warm. She may have a fever. Normal for a cat is 100 - 102.5 She could have a bad tooth or an infection.If she has a fever over 103 apply a cold compress (not ice) to her tummy and pads.

Monday, she should see a vet. In the meantime: drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and let her lap it up for hydration. If she does, offer some tuna.

Go out and get a few jars of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic. Warm it to bring out the aroma. Most cats will eat that right up.

Please let me know if she eats and how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards