Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

When my male cat on my lap and I got wet spots im not sure

Customer Question

when my male cat on my lap and I got wet spots im not sure it come from his mouth or anal I believe its from anal what do that mean?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Howie and hes ten years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Howie?
Customer: wwell I just adopted him. all I know that he has anal bleeding due to stress at the shelter and as today I don't see any bleeding
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry you are worried about Howie.

It is possible for a nervous kitty to have a small amount of discharge.

As long as he is able to pass urine and stools this is not concerning.

They may have just given Howie shots or worm or flea treatment prior to his discharge to cause this issue.

Bless you for saving a shelter kitty!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards