nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on any species.
60269376

I have these plants outside on my porch. My cat is inside,

Customer Question

I have these plants outside on my porch. My cat is inside, but does sit at window. Is my cat safe.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your cat?
Customer: Nothing now, but is it safe for these plants to be on porch. And cat to sit at window
JA: Where does your cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Just got plants. Wondering if it's safe to keep them outside, even though
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is your cat eating normally?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is your cat having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: No
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is your cat behaving differently?
Customer: No but is it safe for her to sit at window with Citronella plants on porch
JA: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Block she is 10
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Ms Blick
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ms Bolick?
Customer: You have not answered my question. Is it safe to have Citronella outside on porch and cat inside
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

My apologies that the website's information request bot seemed confused by your initial question. Its purpose is to gather some basis information so we can help customers with their queries.

In any case, in regards ***** ***** question, as long as your lass isn't able to chew/eat the plants (since they can cause vomiting, appetite loss, lethargy and skin irritation), we'd not be overly worried here. Some cats do find these plants a bit potent for their sense of smell and may avoid sitting near to them. But if your kitty isn't bothered by that, then its fine for her to sit inside looking out on the porch with these plants present.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good just need to keep her safe
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely, always best to be safe then put a kitty at any risk.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet