Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

She is approx 11 weeks old and has cream colored sleep in

Customer Question

She is approx 11 weeks old and has cream colored sleep in the corner of her eyes for 2 days. We have been wiping them with warm water. Today she seems to have a bit of discharge from her nose as well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Luna
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna?
Customer: We treated her for worms because the mother had worms besides that she seems fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear Luna has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

What you are describing is most often the beginning signs of an upper respiratory infection. This is by far one of the most common things we see in kittens. In many cases this is viral but often vets will put them on antibiotics to prevent secondary bacterial infection.

Some things you can do to try and treat this at home ( as long as she is eating drinking and acting normal)

Clean the eyes twice daily with sterile saline like the ones used for contact lenses. Never use medicated eye drops like visine. To help with the nasal discharge you can use a product called Little Noses. This is a nose drop made for infants. 2 drops in each side of her nose twice daily.

Get L Lysine chews or gel. You can get this at most Pet stores. Give 250mgs daily for 7 days. This is an amino acid that helps boost the immune system. If you see no improvement in a few days or she becomes lethargic or stops eating then she should be seen right away.

I hope this helps and Luna feels better soon.

Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few minutes to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have looked everywhere for little noses, there is a little remedies saline spray/ that the same?
Expert:  Candy R. replied 4 months ago.

Yes that is the same thing and is fine, just be sure it is saline drops only and does not contain any decongestants.