Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Veterinarian
Experience:  small animal veterinarian
94503255

My cat just died yesterday. she had liver failure, pulmonary

Customer Question

my cat just died yesterday. she had liver failure, pulmonary edema and her skin peeled off. what could cause this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name was Polo and she was 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Polo?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 5 months ago.

Hi there- I am Dr. Kane and will do my best to assist you today. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat! Sounds like she had a lot going on. While it may be impossible to pinpoint the exact cause of Polo's illness, the first thing that comes to mind is a condition called skin fragility syndrome in cats- it is a result of excessive steroid production by the adrenal glands- which can also result in liver disease. Another possibility is a cancerous condition that affected multiple organs in her body.

Please don't forget to provide rating!