Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He is lethargic and growls when we touch s side. He is

Customer Question

He is lethargic and growls when we touch his side. He is drinking a lot of water and he didn't sleep in his usual place last night. It's been very hot, weather wise.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kane, age 12
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kane?
Customer: He's overweight.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has Kane had these signs?

Is he sore when you touch close to the end of the ribs, mid-abdomen, or back by his hind legs?

When has he last passed urine? Any signs of him straining to do so?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?