Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

He is walking as if he's drunk and has rapid eyemovement :

Customer Question

He is walking as if he's drunk and has rapid eyemovement
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: He did h
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He did fall. A couple days ago after shaking. His name is ***** ***** a rag doll and is almost 5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cuomo?
Customer: He has some crusty stuff coming out his ear about 2 weeks ago but it cleared up quickly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

From your description of his present symptoms, it sounds as if Cosmo may have vestibular syndrome. This is a condition where the vestibular system, which controls balance/equilibrium is disturbed by an ear infection or trauma to the head. Since you mentioned he had a fall, recently, a head trauma or concussion could also be the cause of his symptoms. The crusty stuff you saw coming out of his ears might have been dried blood. Here is more information about vestibular syndrome and head trauma:

Typically, vestibular syndrome will clear up on it's own, unless it is caused by an ear infection which would then require antibiotics to resolve the infection. However, this fall and his present symptoms, are of concern and if he sustained some head trauma, there's no doubt he should be evaluated in person by a vet for a full neurological examination, as soon as possible, so you can be given a definite diagnosis and treatment, if necessary.

If your vet doesn't have emergency weekend hours, bring Cosmo to the nearest ER vet center.

I hope all will be well with your furry boy!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,

Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Cher replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I'm just following up with you to find out how Cosmo is doing and if you were able to bring him to the vet for diagnosis and treatment.

I hope all is well or improving, now, and please let me know how he's coming along.

Also, please remember to take a moment to select a positive rating so I can get credit for my time and assistance. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,