Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Waiting about kitten found inwoods w/lots of maggots

Customer Question

waiting for answer about kitten found inwoods w/lots of maggots
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ yars. It does not look like your other question posted. Can you tell me more about what is going on? Is there an open wound that has maggots?

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I am going off line and you have not viewed my request. So I will opt out and another expert can assist.

Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Bless you for caring!

The best thing to do is bathe the kitten in warm water and dawn dish soap. Lather it up well, leave it on for ten minutes and the maggots will choke. If any remain, comb them off and flush them down the toilet.

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

Of course, I would keep her indoors till she heals completely.

Please let me know how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,