Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

S third eye will not close, he has both eyes closed and

Customer Question

His third eye will not close, he has both eyes closed and seems to be in pain. He is crying (NOT normal) and seems in pain, sounds a little wheezy too
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Smokey and 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Smokey?
Customer: I took him to the vet about two months ago and all his blood work was fine but they saw his heart was slightly enlarged and he was constipated. I've been giving him Miralax with his food recently to help him poop. Since Monday I added in 1/8 tsp Metamucil.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took him to the vet two months ago because he had been losing weight. He is holding steady now with a slight change in his food and the MiraLax
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry Smokey seems to be in pain

Where does he appear to hurt?
Is he still constipated?

What does he eat?

Indoor kitty?