Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

About three weeks ago my 3 year old cat threw up and

Customer Question

About three weeks ago my 3 year old cat threw up and something frightened him so much that he banged into the door in that room. Since then he has been very cautious, almost frightened of things in our house even though they have been here since we brought him home from the humane society. He has had a period of throwing up daily since then but seems to have stopped that this week. Although I thought he might be improving, he just had a "nightmare" episode where he was soundly sleeping and suddenly jumped down like something frightened him and he kept staring at the floor but there wasn't anything there. I don't know if a trip to the vet is something I need to do or if I'm worrying too much.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No, but this is not the first time he's had a "nightmare" incident. They just don't happen often.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.

I am so sorry your boy underwent such a trauma.

Can you tell me what foodd he threw up?

Do you have any idea whaat scared him?

Is he eating well now? What food?

Thanks,'

Terri