Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat ate some grass and about a half hour later vomited

Customer Question

My cat ate some grass and about a half hour later vomited and it was a little bloody. Is this normal?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Smokey, she is 11 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?
Customer: Sometimes she has accidents(urinary) even though there are 3 litter boxes and they are cleaned every day. She has a brother(11
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry you are worried about Smokey.

Can you tell me what food she ate just before the grass?
Was the blood bright red or more pinkish?

Thanks,

Terri