Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My cats tongue is slightly sticking out and labored

Customer Question

My cats tongue is slightly sticking out and labored breathing and not eating like normal and she didn't run away when I tried to catch her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Tongue?
Customer: SEPHIRA is about 10 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tongue?
Customer: Just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: She has coughed up some fur balls
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?