Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Wow, Terri, that lady customer is really a jerk. Sorry like

Customer Question

Wow, Terri, that lady customer is really a jerk. Sorry for idiots like that.
Anyway, my cat has been gagging a little too. Only for the last day or two. The temperature has been quite warm and he seems to seek cooler areas of the house. He is also very listless but still has his appetite. Could this be due to the excessive heat?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Hello Erik,

I am sorry your cat is gaggng. There can be a few posibilities, neither heat related.

Check inside his mouth for a stuck item, oral sore, loose or broken tooth. Look underongue and on roof.

Rub a drop of syrup or honey into his gums.That should perk him up.

1. he has a sore throat. If so, 2 drops of honey every 4 hours will heal it.

2. he is nauseated. Give him one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine) in a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic.

WAit a half hour and then offer him food.

IT should be pate canned food or baby food. NO DRY!

Wipe him down with a cool damp cloth.If he is dehydrated give him tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he reacts. I will be here all day.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?