Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.
16881297

She seems to have pain in her left rear area. She was crying

Customer Question

She seems to have pain in her left rear area. She was crying strangely last night several times. She bites when you touch her back left area. Last time this happened the vet took blood work and said nothing was wrong. She didn't eat this morning but she seems more normal as not in pain.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Phyllis is about 7 in human years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Phyllis?
Customer: She is a full blooded Ragdoll cat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I suspect that Phyllis has arthritis possibly in her hips or vertebrae near this area that is causing this pain. Phyllis probably moved the wrong way and irritated this already present condition. It makes sense that the lab work last time was negative but an xray would probably reveal some issues for sweet Phyllis. The only thing you can do for her now is to keep her as immobile as possible so as not to further damage this area until your vet can xray Phyllis and determine what is causing her distress. Unfortunately, there are no safe over the counter pain medications available for cats so you will have to wait until you can see your vet. Since this is a long weekend, if this continues, you may want to go to the ER vet to ease poor little Phyllises discomfort.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta