Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Two week old kitten is having a white pus looking thing

Customer Question

Two week old kitten is having a white pus looking thing coming out not her butt but her pee area. What could it be? Sleeps fine, eating fine, poops look regular. I've been bottle feeding her and her three siblings.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: Just started the discharge today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

It sounds like you're doing a great job with your very young kittens and they're coming along nicely! : )

I'm sorry this one kitten has developed this discharge.

The pus you mention, could be the symptom of a vaginal infection or could indicate a urinary tract infection, just to mention a few possibilities; it could also be a yeast infection.

She should definitely be evaluated by the vet, so you can get a definite diagnosis and she can be treated. The discharge would need to be tested and/or cultured, to know what kind of bacteria is present, so the vet knows what kind of antibiotic to prescribe, if necessary.

Try your best to have her seen by the vet, tomorrow and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks!

I hope all will be well with your furry little girl!

I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much!

Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.

Hello, again.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going with your kitten. I hope all is well and you were able to have her evaluated in person by a vet for a definite diagnosis and treatment, if deemed necessary.

I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know. If you need any additional information, please simply click 'Reply' and I will be glad to help you further.

I look forward to hearing back from you and/or receiving a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit from the site for my assistance.

Many thanks!
Cher