Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I have a 16 week old kitten that is constantly linking his

Customer Question

I have a 16 week old kitten that is constantly linking his front left pad and his back right pad. The front left is starting to peel at the edges
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Chewie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chewier?
Customer: No. He's healthy other than that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry Chewie is licking his pads.Do you see any sores or irritation on them?How long is the front one peeling?Hes not de-clawed is he?did he walk on a hot sidewalk?Indoor kitten?Thanks,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Anytime a cat licks or bites at an area, he is trying to relieve pain or itching.Now that Chewie's pad is peeling, it indicates he either stepped in something irritating or he is allergic to something.If he goes outdoors it could be fertilizer, weed killer or a hot sidewalk. If he is an indoor kitten he could be allergic to his litter or a cleaning agent. Wash the area with mild soap. Dry thoroughly You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:, put infant or doll socks on his feet, taped at the top so he cannot remove them. Change daily.The socks have a twofold purpose. 1. to allow the honey to heal. 2 to keep his feet from contacting the irritant.Please let me know how Chewy is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri