Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

I bekueve her keg us sprained or broken, what could the vet

Customer Question

I bekueve her keg us sprained or broken, what could the vet did?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: Leg
JA: Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No. She ran only a little way up a tree. She came down and seemed fine. I carried her in because she was afraid if a visiting dog. I didn't notice anything wring until she tried to get on the bed. Instead of jumping she clawed her way up. Tonight she went come out from under the bed unless I get her. She is hiding.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: If in fact it is broken, how is it treated?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.
Hello, and welcome. I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty hurt her leg. She could have snagged a claw or moved in an awkward way as she was climbing up the tree. It's very possible that she might have a hairline fracture or an actual broken leg, but this can only be confirmed after she is evaluated by a vet in person and has an x-ray. A sprained or strained leg will require rest and you might have to confine her. A fracture or hairline fracture may or may not require a cast or bandages to keep the leg in the right position for it to heal correctly. An actual break will require a plaster cast, again, to keep the bone in the correct position to heal properly. Since your kitty is hiding, she is in pain and is scared, so your next best step is to have her evaluated by a vet, as soon as possible. If your regular vet is closed now and doesn't have emergency hours, bring her to the nearest ER vet center for an in person exam, diagnosis and treatment. I hope all will be well with your furry girl! I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much! Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue. Warmest wishes,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?