Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He has always been a bit "wild" (but also super cuddly).

Customer Question

Hi. He has always been a bit "wild" (but also super cuddly). Lately he's gotten more anxious. Hissing a bit randomly. Low growl that sounds different than what we've heard before.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: He seems maybe more anxious than he used to? Mostly it's hissing at people that he knows and likes
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Doesn't seem to hurt anywhere. Just acting different
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: We let him outside sometimes, but only for a few hours at a time
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Gambit. Almost 1 year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Gambit.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:Is Gambit otherwise healthy and on no medications?Anything stressful going on in the household?Any symptoms like changes in litterbox habits or weight loss?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.