Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years

My cat had a strike this weekend vet is closed till what can

Customer Question

My cat had a strike this weekend vet is closed till what can I do. He is breathing hard.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Coco he's 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?
Customer: No never been sick
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do we have a answer yet,??
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I just came online and saw your question. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. How is Coco doing? What symptoms does he have that makes you think he had a stroke?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Paw is lifeless want eat breathing hard.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
If you look at his gums, are they pale or pink in color? This could be a stroke, but that is rare in cats. It could be a heart problem, there could be fluid in his lungs, there are many possibilities. It sounds like if you want to save him, he needs medical attention: IV fluids, an Xray to see if there is fluid in his lungs and if he needs to have the fluids removed, medication to help his breathing, possibly he needs to be in oxygen. Is there an emergency clinic near you? Even if I could transport myself to him, there is little I could do for him without having him at a clinic.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
How is Coco today?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?