Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

He is a 13 y/o tabby that can't seem to walk on his hind

Customer Question

He is a 13 y/o tabby that can't seem to walk on his hind legs, is panting, and is whining a bit!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No don't see any wounds. He's laying on the bed with my husband right now , not panting at all and kind of wagging his tail like he feels a little bit better.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the tabby?
Customer: respirations are a bit rapid
JA: What is the tabby's name?
Customer: Flippy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 5 months ago.
Hello Marilynn,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience with cats and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. Did this happen very suddenly or come on gradually over the period of a few days? You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott