Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She has bald patch between eyes and ears -- with red ness in

Customer Question

Hi -- she has bald patch between eyes and ears -- with red ness in it. I tried a new food because suspected food allergy first time.... Thanks!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tk -- 3 years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tsk?
Customer: I haven't treated her for fleas yet -- will get the shoulder medicine Monday.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a clear photo detailing the redness and hairloss you're seeing?2) Is she scratching? If so, where? 3) What symptoms were you seeing before her diet change that made you suspect food allergies? 4) what food was she on and what food was she switched to?