Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Lethargic. Drinks water. Eats very little. She's at least 10

Customer Question

Lethargic. Drinks water. Eats very little. She's at least 10 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mary Kay. The vet opens tomorrow at 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mary Kay?
Customer: She appears to have lost weight. We've been gone a week and just got home a few days ago. She's inside/outside cat. Doesn't want to go outside much.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you know when she last consumed food normally? 2) Any risk of injury? 3) When did she last have blood work performed? 4) Any pertinent history to share?