PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My kitten is passing orange urine and sleeps a lot. She was

Customer Question

My kitten is passing orange urine and sleeps a lot. She was always very lively
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Milly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milly?
Customer: She is only 18 weeks old and is a Bengal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long have you had Milly? 2) Has she been eating well for you during the time you've had her?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have had her for 9 Weeks and she has always eaten very well
Thank you for the additional information. It will take me 5-10 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how the website will compensate me for helping you.
When you mention orange urine, I am immediately concerned that you may be dealing with a liver issue in your young girl. It's very uncommon for a kitten this age to experience such a thing, but toxins, congenital abnormalities and other factors can certainly play a role. I would waste no time and have her examined by your veterinarian promptly. They will likely start with some basic diagnostics like a urinalysis and blood work to determine the cause of her symptoms. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Hello again. How is Milly doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy