Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Can l use paw paw oitment on my cats ear she has a scab on

Customer Question

Can l use paw paw oitment on my cats ear she has a scab on it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Snowy and she is is at least 15 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snowy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Where is this scab at on her ear? Can you take a photo of it? How long has it been there? Is she scratching the ear?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes she is and ill try to take a photo
I'm curious to see what it looks like. Scabs can be due to something simple like external trauma. Typically these just heal with time. Others can be due to them self traumatizing due to scratching their own ears. These situations need to have the underlying ear issue treated to get them to resolve. These can be due to ear infections or ear mites. Some can have scabbing on the ear due to frost bite, but this shouldn't be the problem this time of year (unless this has been there a long time).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can i send you the photo in about two hour
Absolutely! I'm currently on my shift so I will be on and off here all night long.