Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I'm Nelly. . I'm concerned about my cats symptoms. 3 y old

Customer Question

I'm Nelly. . I'm concerned about my cats symptoms. 3 y old operated female. She was having soft stools of normal size for about 2 weeks. I took to vet who prescribed metronidazole ,which she's been on for 3 days. She also had once dark tarry discharge. But now all constipated. She was exposed to an un dewormed cat and I fear worms or hookworms because she's a bit pale gums and nose and lethargic.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She had some dried blood about 5 ml on the ground prior to tarry discharge. Then the soft yellow stools continue amd now after metronidazole she's had 1 bowel movement in 3 days. Sold I give her a laxative? Shouldn't I get her bowels moving if she has worms? I'm getting her deworming treatment for sure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cat Vets generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: What testing did her vet do?You noted she may be constipated, is she straining? Eating less?How was she exposed to another cat (since worm spread is fecal/oral)?