Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He has harden stools not all the time but sometimes and then

Customer Question

He has harden stools not all the time but sometimes and then he might have little stools every so often he's about 12 years old and he eats Sheba wet food and I do put water a little bit in his food to give him some hydration he doesn't like to drink water I give him cat sip milk he don't like pumpkin sometimes he eats it sometimes he doesn't my question is they said I was reading in this article if you give cat milk does that mean does that mean real milk and how much can I give him I also he also has long hair so I know that's possible obstruction in the colon from the long hair he takes laxatone I give him I put a vitamin E capsule every so often in his food but will the milk help just clean the colon out help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Beezer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beezer?
Customer: no he's probably about 10 or 12 years old I rescue him off the street outside of that he's a good cat there's nothing else wrong with him he might have a little drainage in his eye like as if he has a cold but that's gone away but that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the last time that Beezer had blood work performed? 2) To clarify, are you asking if you can give him cow's milk? 3) How often do you give Laxatone? 4) Are you brushing him regularly? Does he ever produce hairballs?