Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Seems to have pain can she. Have banamine orally JA: I'm

Customer Question

Seems to have pain can she. Have banamine orally
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Olivia she is 5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Olivia?
Customer: She was in a tussle 2 week ago had some neck injury that was treated and seemed fine. She hasn't eaten for 3 days and was missing for 2 of them
JA: The Veterinarian will know if Olivia will be able to digest that. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with cats and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. The situation is that cats are very sensitive to non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Banamine and are prone to GI ulceration from these drugs. Banamine often has had adverse effects in dogs and cats so much so that I personally would never recommend giving banamine to a cat, sorry ... 2. Unfortunately where a cat is in pain human over the counter drugs are not really suitable and often downright dangerous to cats, however your vet can supply prescription drugs which are very much safer as well as being very effective.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your cat is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the use of Banamine in cats ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.