Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

White runny poop JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's

Customer Question

white runny poop
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: no names. 5 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am so sorry the babies have runny poop.What foods are they eating?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
their mommas milk
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they r still nursing and nibbling on cat chow
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.The babies are five weeks old?Have you tried any canned cat food yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they nibble with it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can u tell me what is wrong
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Dear *****,Thanks so much for your reply.This is most likely a digestive upset caused by the dry food.However, it is also possible the babies have worms because most kittens are born with them'Get an OTC wormer like excel or profender. Give each baby a dose now and again in three weeks.To stop the runny poop get a jar of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic or canned kitten food.Add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to each jar or can.Feed this until the poop is normal for 24 hours. They can still nurse if mom allows it.In addition, give each one a half tsp of plain yogurt for 5 days. It contains acidophilus and will add good bacteria to their systems.Please let me know how everyone is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri