Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.

Pearl, JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: My cat is a male and he is 15 years old
JA: Where does your cat seem to hurt?
Customer: lately we have noticed that his rear end has been getting very weak and wobbly. Sometimes when he walks his rear end looks like a drunken sailor.
JA: Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: He also seems to be losing weight
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: no, he has not had a fall
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: well, I think it has been a very stressful time for him. We are getting our house ready to sell and we were refinishing our hardwood floors. We took him to my mother's house for a few days while the floors were getting done. hen we drove him home again, he peed on my lap. Then we were gone on vacation a week later while someone house sat our house. We were then home for a week and then we put our house on the market and he had to stay at my mother's house for a week again. Again when we took him home, he peed in his carrier on the drive home.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. These changes are very difficult on older cats especially moving and moving a number of times. It appears to em that your guy has severe arthritis that is causing these issues in his rear legs and the stress of the move allows the bladder sphincter to open easily which is why he possibly urinated on you. The best thing you can do for your guy is to have your vet examine him and perform xrays to see where the arthritis is affecting his rear legs. They will have medication such as Meloxicam that is an effective anti inflammatory medication to help your guy and decrease the pain that he is feeling. If the stress continues, your vet will also have anti anxiety medication to help your sweet guy through this transition. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta